CarEconomy shows your average fuel economy as you drive.
If you are having problems using CarEconomy please contact us using the AppStore "Report a problem" link. If you write a review saying "it didn't work", we can't help you since Apple gives us no way to reply to AppStore reviews.
The application shows your average fuel economy – you can select from the following units: MPG (US and UK gallons), l/100km, 1/100miles, km/l.
Unlike other fuel economy apps you don’t need to type in how much fuel you put into your tank when you fill up – you just select your car and drive!
An in-app upgrade is available which activates:
- an Instantaneous Fuel Economy meter which shows how much fuel you are using at any given moment
- iPod controls to control music playback from within in the app
Will it work in my car?
The application works with any petrol (gasoline) or diesel car with a standard automatic or manual (stick-shift) transmission.
IMPORTANT: We do not yet support electric or hybrid vehicles.
How will the figure compared to my in-car meter?
You may find that the fuel economy readings we give differ quite a bit from you in-car meter (if you have one):
- Some in-car fuel economy meters can be up to 20% inaccurate. Most of them tend to be optimistic at the very least.
- Our fuel economy calculations assume a warm engine
- For manual cars - we assume you are in the correct gear. Not using the correct gear can have a big impact on your fuel efficiency. This is one of the things our full DriveGain app gives you feedback on.
Will it work on my device?
The iPhone 3G, 3GS and 4 are fully supported.
The iPod Touch is supported if you have a GPS adaptor such as the TomTom Car Kit for iPod Touch (see http://drivegain.com/carkits/)
The application works on the iPad (Wi-Fi + 3G model) – running as an iPhone application.
iPhone holders and car kits
In order to make good use of the application you will need some kind of holder for your iPhone so that it can be positioned in a safe position while you drive.
More details on holders and car kits at: http://drivegain.com/carkits/